Monday, November 9, 2009

Full on life


Saturday: 1st regatta of the season at beautiful Blue Lakes but, man! was it cold! Some of the boys did very well, some did moderately well and the rest I will remain silent about. Some rowed like no-one taught them how! It was all over by 3.30 but I had a 13 hour day. By the time I picked up CC at 7.15 am and got home at 8.15 pm! J&J came for tea and stayed the night - it was lovely to see them, but I was annoyed I had to go to boat unloading / loading instead of spending time with them.
Sunday: even earlier morning. This time picking up CC at 6.45. Got to Karapiro at 7.00 for the Long Distance race. The race is 10 km - usually rowed from the bridge at Horahora. We made them row up to Horahora ... so their row was 20 km! There were tired boys at the end - and it showed. Still some really good times listed and CC and I are happy coaches. Al and I kidnapped M's and brought her here for two nights. Yay, two nights with my favourite one year old!!! Took her to the bbq / fireworks night at the club. The first time she had seen fireworks .. she clapped and squealed and stamped her feet with excitement. Taylor and the other girls had fun looking after her.
Monday: M's slept til nearly 8. Al spoilt it by having to go rowing at 6.15 dammit. Fun day with my wee girl. She made a boy cry (you go, girl!) at the park by stalking him on the play equipment. I bought her a dolls push chair and she put it to good use by chasing the dog. Later she put raffy in it and tried to pull the dog off the couch so she could start the chasing all over again! She learnt how to say "row" and "bow ball" so soon as she can count to ten (as in "go hard for ...") she can cox'n. She also learnt to say "rubbish". And I got to put in an apology for the meeting tonight cos I can't get a babysitter. Can she come EVERY month??? Shes in bed asleep and I'll be in mine real soon. Shes fun, but she's tiring. I had an email from a 2nd cousin on Mum's side ... through a genealogy website. Interesting because I thought his father had died in the war - but it was 1991. And really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment